Chocolate salami is a much-loved dessert and can be subject to several variations. Have you ever tried the coffee version?
Coffee chocolate salami is a variant that has spread in Italy in recent decades. The addition of coffee to the dough gives an intense and aromatic flavor, which makes it even tastier. Today, coffee chocolate salami is present in many Italian pastry shops and can easily be prepared at home.
Recipe of coffee chocolate salami:
The recipe is similar to the classic chocolate salami, but includes the addition of espresso coffee to the dough. Here are the ingredients:
- 200 grams of dry biscuits
- 100 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 tiny cup of espresso coffee
For preparation, chop the dry biscuits and reduce them to crumbs. In a saucepan, melt the butter and dark chocolate in bain-marie. Beat the eggs with sugar in a bowl, then add the butter, the melted chocolate, the espresso cup and finally the chopped biscuits. Mix all the ingredients and transfer the mixture on a sheet of baking paper, forming a salami. Roll the salami and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Tips for excellent chocolate salami!
To prepare a perfect chocolate salami with coffee, it is important to follow some rules:
- Use quality ingredients: the quality of the ingredients greatly affects the result of the dessert. For example, use dry cookies and dark chocolate of good quality. It makes the difference!
- Mix carefully the ingredients: it is essential to obtain an homogeneous and well blended chocolate salami with coffee
- Use quality coffee: at Pavin Caffè, we recommend using the Espresso Bar blend by Pavin Caffè, a blend with an intense and decisive taste, perfect to enhance the flavor of chocolate salami coffee.
Try the recipe now!